Yoongi Was Right - If You Keep At It, You Get Better

 I read an article today, and I gave constructive criticism.

Ordinarily this is a very simple sentence that does not imply anything but for me, someone who constantly thinks she is a fraud and that is why she has not gotten to where she wants to be career wise, so she never gives criticism because she firmly believes everyone's work is better than hers. This paragraph means one thing - GROWTH.

It means that in taking on different capes and roles over time as a UX Writer, Content Writer, Social Media Manager I have learnt enough to read an article and be able to say when it works for a brand and when it does not work. It means I have learnt about communicating with customers and the value a blog post has to provide before the subtle marketing sprinkle comes in.

I was thinking about this on thursday evening as I thought of the best way to put it in an article and the words of Min Yoongi a.k.a Agustd a.k.a SUGA of BTS came to my mind and I have decided to share the precious jewel with everyone who will be blessed to read this at any phase in their life.

“You have to keep going, don't think just keep going. Don't put much thought into what you are doing. Then one day you will realize you have grown dramatically. This is the truth, don't be sad that you are not improving, you will have improved before you know it”

The first time I came across the video of him saying this, what came to my mind was consistency. The power to be disciplined enough to keep going, to keep showing up, especially on days you do not feel your best and on days you think all your efforts are not giving the desired result.

I feel like this is resounding with me again because I am currently in a phase where I do not feel good enough on some days and on others I feel like I have paid my dues and to an extent it makes me disgusted with what I have to show for it. Because the world I see through my lens is so fast paced and occasionally I have the fear that I am still the girl that gets late to the party.

The second time I watched the video I realized he did not say you will improve overnight. He said one day you will realize you have improved, which means you will have given up on loathing yourself and eased in to a routine of consistency and working to grow and one day you do something and you realize this is not how you would have done it three (3) months ago and it really does hit you that you have grown dramatically.

The third time was a few mins before writing the quote in this article when I went on a frantic search on the world wide web trying to figure out the exact words but remembered I had the video saved in my gallery. Yay, me!

In my voice memo for this article I said I was going to tie this to a tweet I saw about shamelessly plugging your work. I did not figure out how to do that but here is My Portfolio for your viewing pleasure. For your business pleasure too if you are looking to hire me for freelance or a remote job that pays #400k monthly (TACTICS AF)

On a serious note, I hope this quote does for you what it did for me. I'd like to hear more people say, “Yoongi was right …


Comments

Popular Posts