Everything reminds me of home.

I have a life pattern. It is a simple one.

There is always a trader on my street I pick a liking to and patronize for no reason, even when I have the things I go out to buy, my ears are always blocked and my face in a neutral state so the people on my street think it is weird that I never smile.


It has been like that from home to everywhere I call home. 


Everything everywhere I live reminds me of a place I used to live, the people I used to know and the home I was raised.


Tonight the woman that lives in the next compound coughed and it reminded me of my Mother, coughing in her room which is next to mine after a long day.


Which reminded me of my sleeping pattern that leaves me up every midnight chasing some stars ill never truly see.


This reminded me of my childlike thoughts, how I started mapping them to fit into the life I have now.


These reminded me of when I was love-struck and when I wasn't. Days I lived to love and days I couldn't.


Which reminded me of the pain of hurt and the burden of hurting, and the emptiness of never knowing love.


Drifted me into the headspace of wants and losing emotions to get them. 

This reminded me of my theory of losing something to gain another as not just a devil thing.


This reminded me of me, that I am and I was.

Like I stated I have a life pattern, like I revolve in circles that I drew at a point.

So, I am never a stranger to me, always a manifestation of my words.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts